Rain

Guest Guy

It was so sunny on Sataday morning that I deceded to wash the car, here is a pick of it looking all shiny in the sun. My daughter age 7 had to go to a birthday party in the next village about 3 miles away so I took her in the RH. Half way there it started to rain, then the hail came and boy did that hert! then there was the horrible waling noise comming from the pasenger seat. When we got to the party the hostess kindly put my daughters wet stuff in the tumble dryer.

Anyway, on the way home I decided I should try to get the soft top fitted (and some windscreen wipers) This has been on going for a few weeks now, the frame that came with the kit is wider that the soft top so it sits tight at the sides and is all flappy in the middle! I've bought some new tubing and am in the process of making a different frame that fits a little better.

Has anyone else found this or is it just me!

post-5-1078762084.jpg

Guest Russler

Hi

When I fitted mine I used the supplied frame. I started by fitting it around the windscreen and then with the frame in postion pulled it over the back and got the rear to line up. Then pulled it tight by moving the windscreen forward and marked the position of the windscreen mounts. For good measure I moved the windscreen forward by about 1/2" from the marked postion and fixed it in place. Then when you lift the bonnet you can attach the poppers and by closing the bonnet it pulls the hood really tight. AS you can see from the attached picture the hood is tight across the top and the side were pulled down and attached last. Hope this helps, if you need measurements from my frame let me know and I will get my ruler out.

post-5-1078767638.jpg

Guest Russler

The gaiter I picked up at an MG show at Stoneleigh, £3 I think (for an MGB i think), The ring I made from ali on my dads CNC. (very handy sometimes, parents)

Yes there is a gap above the pillar but to be honest it doesn't leak or blow a draught.