Look Whats Happened

ZeroKnowledge

been out yesterday & today, done about 150 miles--absolutely fantasic. but then late today doin 65mph on dual carriage way with me & son onboard

the road got a bit bumpy, heard a noise from behind then something scraping on road. I pulled over & had a look. oh ***k !!!

the bottom of the rear panel was bent down. It must have grounded & caught on something.

gutted

Paul

post-3784-043685700 1287945765_thumb.jpg

Ouch....

It doesn't look flush upto the chassis or riveted? Did you line up the underside with the bottom of the side?

if so, i modified mine as i thought it looked all wrong? Good news is, if you didn't, the piece you have damaged

needs cutting out anyway, so hopefully not all bad mate?

Have a look at my build pics HERE Paul, they should help explain what i mean mate. If you open the pictures

in large format rather than in the album you'll notice comments below each pic, again this should help explain what

i mean.

Anyway.... how was the first drive then mate? what you expected etc??

Regards,

Nick.

Hi Nick

the panel is rivetted to the bottom of the sides, I`ve seen your panel (nice job).

Iam going to cut off knackered bit and fix panel to chassis.

Cheers Paul

PS also goin on a diet

ok mate.... felt a bit cheeky asking TBH.... just couldn't see any fixings in your pic. lol. :drinks:

You need to de-rivet the side panel / bottom panel, trim out for the chassis rails immediately behind

the diff (in your case, the damaged area) and then the panel will pull up nicely to the chassis. Once this is done

you'll be able to trim the bottom of the side panels to match the base.

It will surprise you how much higher it will sit Paul.

Feel free to ask if you want any more pics / methods etc. :good:

HTH

Nick.

Guest scottie686

I agree with Shaft. The rear panel is to be rivetted to the underside of the box tubing the fuel tank sits on. You will find that the rear panel will attach to the side panel a lot higher then where it is mounted now. This will leave effectively two 'fins' either side.

Scott