Flywheel / Crank Locking Tool

Guest scottie686

Guest scottie686

Morning all.

Quick question if i may. Is there a specific tool or way to lock the crank/flywheel on the 2.0l silvertop Zetec so when tightening the flywheel bolts or the main crank pulley bolt it doesn't effectively turn the engine? I'm planning the engine out over the winter to do some work to it and want to also accurately check torque settings etc.

Regards,

Scott

Hi,

If it's anything like a Pinto (and it will be essentially the same), just get a piece of flat bar, drill a hole in each end, clamp the bar to the flywheel with a bolt through one of the holes and put a bolt through the hole on the other end of the bar into the block somewhere.

This should serve to lock it all up.

Guest The Modfather

I made a V shapee from two pieces of 6mm solid bar which was welded together, and then bolted the bottom of the V through a bolt hole where the bellhousing bolts to the block, and the tips of the V located onto the flywheel teeth, so you could undo and do up without faffing about. Easy!