Which Sensors?

Guest oddsocks

Guest oddsocks

:help: Only me again-can someone help me, im fitting a raceline water rail and i,ve got my jenveys as well. What sensors go in the raceline water rail where.

Have someone a link or some info for the sensors for a zetec blacktop.

Was hoping that when i got my water rail and jenveys they would come with instructions!!

Cheers

Jamie

Guest oddsocks

Sorry, link to pic

http://picasaweb.google.com/muddyquads/ZeroBuildPart1Engine#5350802044776237890

Small sensor is for digidash coolant sensor. Lower large one is the Omex coolant sensor.

Cheers,

Jon

Cheers for reply jon but im using emerald ecu. got the kit from gbs. not ready to fit that yet but it comes with sensors and i dont know where to put them as well as the sensors that comes with the smiths gauges(same ones as demo car)

Ps Jon have you got a link to your build pics?

Jamie

Guest oddsocks

Just found your build pics-you've got the same set up as me-zetec and mt75 water rail and jenveys but your a bit further on than me tho! Liked your quick shift,where did you get it from and do you mind me asking how much it was?

Liked your garage as well!!! :good:

Guest ethanicus

Cheers Jamie,

Not 100% sure on the emerald setup but im positive that the best place to take the temp reading is as close to number 4 cyclinder as you can get. The rail should have a grub screw already for the smiths coolant sensor. From memory it's 1/8ntp. If this not suitable you can use a thread adaptor. I think the emerald uses a similar coolant sensor so I would mount in the same place as mine. I have used the ecu to control my rad fan so have fitted another sensor in the neck of the filler to control another fan in the engine bay, just to control under bonnet temp after the via.

The quick shift is from Westfield, i got mine cheep on ebay but i I think westfield still have thm online, I recently tracked the zero and its well worth the extra mone. You hardly move the gear stick and you change gear.

Jon

Guest oddsocks

Cheers Jamie,

Not 100% sure on the emerald setup but im positive that the best place to take the temp reading is as close to number 4 cyclinder as you can get. The rail should have a grub screw already for the smiths coolant sensor. From memory it's 1/8ntp. If this not suitable you can use a thread adaptor. I think the emerald uses a similar coolant sensor so I would mount in the same place as mine. I have used the ecu to control my rad fan so have fitted another sensor in the neck of the filler to control another fan in the engine bay, just to control under bonnet temp after the via.

The quick shift is from Westfield, i got mine cheep on ebay but i I think westfield still have thm online, I recently tracked the zero and its well worth the extra mone. You hardly move the gear stick and you change gear.

Jon

Cheer for your help jon,another question-

What is the sensor you got next to oil pressure sensor and do i need the both of them? do they come with the clocks or did you buy them separate?

Bet the trck day was good-cant wait to get mine on the road/track.

Guest ethanicus

Hi, one is oil pressure and the other is low oil Pressure both via a single pressure module. I then have oil temp directly in the block. I went for a ebt digidash and it came with all the bits needed for the zetec. I like the idea of a dedicated sensor with a bright red light for low oil pressure. :-)

The zero with a zetec is stupidly quick. if your engine is not yet in get your fly wheel lightened.

I went for a 7.5 LSD diff (4.27) and a mt75, very quick off the line but tops out at around 119mph in 5th. More than fast enough on track days and really drivable.. However 1st is very short, so I often start in second.

Guest oddsocks

Hi, one is oil pressure and the other is low oil Pressure both via a single pressure module. I then have oil temp directly in the block. I went for a ebt digidash and it came with all the bits needed for the zetec. I like the idea of a dedicated sensor with a bright red light for low oil pressure. :-)

The zero with a zetec is stupidly quick. if your engine is not yet in get your fly wheel lightened.

I went for a 7.5 LSD diff (4.27) and a mt75, very quick off the line but tops out at around 119mph in 5th. More than fast enough on track days and really drivable.. However 1st is very short, so I often start in second.

Bet it is quick! Got engine in but didnt lighten flywheel-couldnt justify the extra expense when you got new clutch and flywheel on there.(boss wouldn't let me!!)

Think the mistake i've made is i went a bit mad and got everythin i needed to finish car-TB,water rail,gauges etc and they came but with no clue of where each sensor goes and what sensor is what. Probably just me but i was hoping to have some clue! :unknw:

So any help would be great.

Jamie

Guest ethanicus

Cheers Steve,

Jamie, you can always make changes once its on the road. I will back home tomorrow so happy to help out. Let me know what you need help with and I can take some pics and put a drawing together. Failing that I can call you when I'm in front of the car and talk you through it.

Cheers,

Jon

Guest oddsocks

Cheers Steve,

Jamie, you can always make changes once its on the road. I will back home tomorrow so happy to help out. Let me know what you need help with and I can take some pics and put a drawing together. Failing that I can call you when I'm in front of the car and talk you through it.

Cheers,

Jon

Cheers jon, i'd apprciate that. I'll get out in the garage in the morning and take some pics of sensors and upload them on here so you can help identify them and where they go. I'll PM my mob or send me yours and i'll fone you. Really grateful for your help.

Cheers

Jamie