Alternator Bracket

Guest sandy77uk

Guest sandy77uk

Hi All, I'm looking to fit the Alternator but don't have a bracket, its a Zetec engine and I bought a Lucas LRA101 where do I source a bracket from? is GBS my best bet or can anyone offer any advice?

Guest ethanicus

From memory I couldn't get the lra101 to fit between the engine and chassis with either the Westfield or Raceline fitting kit. In the end I bought the 45amp alternator kit and brackets from GBS. Fits perfectly, small and really light compared to the LRA101.

Not overly helpful, but it is a working and tested solution.

Cheers,

Jon

Guest sandy77uk

From memory I couldn't get the lra101 to fit between the engine and chassis with either the Westfield or Raceline fitting kit. In the end I bought the 45amp alternator kit and brackets from GBS. Fits perfectly, small and really light compared to the LRA101.

Not overly helpful, but it is a working and tested solution.

Cheers,

Jon

Cheers Jon, I've had the alternator down there and its one hell of a squeeze, I was toying with fashing my own bracket from a steel plate, but thought it would ask on here first, I'll give GBS a ring in the morning and see how much they want for their bits

if you tried both the westfield and the raceline kits that must of cost you a fortune??

Guest The Modfather

I built my own bracket, 4 pieces of 5mm mild steel, welded in 10 mins ready for paint!

Simples!

You realy don't need to spend big bucks on a shop made item.

post-4086-0-89754900-1295214253_thumb.jpg

I used a dihastu Charade Alternator with a bracket from "retro ford"

The bracket does need modifying slyghtly to fit the alternator mounts but cost me a third of the kit shown above, ALternator was a tenner from ebay and the brackets were £70 form retro ford.

It is doable but can be a headache, It wasnt the money for me but I wanted to do it myself.

Guest sandy77uk

I built my own bracket, 4 pieces of 5mm mild steel, welded in 10 mins ready for paint!

Simples!

You realy don't need to spend big bucks on a shop made item.

post-4086-0-89754900-1295214253_thumb.jpg

don't have a welder so I'm a bit buggered to be honest, but what you show there is what I had in mind

Guest The Modfather

If you are in no immediate hurry, give me the dimensions and I'll knock one up for you. Just pay postage. Or perhaps someone in the area could do it for you?

£70 for a bracket? :crazy: 24carat gold and I'll think about it :crazy:

Guest sandy77uk

If you are in no immediate hurry, give me the dimensions and I'll knock one up for you. Just pay postage. Or perhaps someone in the area could do it for you?

£70 for a bracket? :crazy: 24carat gold and I'll think about it :crazy:

that would be damn decent of you fella, I'll drop you a PM