Wheel Nuts For S7

Guest jimryall

Guest jimryall

HI, i have an S7 built during 1990/1992 not by myself. car uses dolomite donor parts (1850 etc) and is fitted with what look like alley cat alloys. they look very similar to the one piece multi spokes alloys found on a TR8. trouble is car did not come with a key for the lockable nuts therefore they need replacing. can anyone tell me what nuts i need and where i can find them. thanks for your help (please no jokes about my disfunctional nuts, thanks)

Guest jimryall

As far as i know the car was built using standard triumph dolomite parts (1850cc), i dont think there have been any changes made or modifications done to the hubs or studs. i assume the thread on the studs would be dolomite/triumph, but i have no idea what that is. sorry i cant be more specific.

hi

the nuts may be an aftermarket purchase

with so many diiferent types available it may be difficult to even find the manufacture let alone the serial number of the key that you require to remove them .

If this fails you can drill the nut off and then replace the wheel stud.I know it may sound radical but this was what a friend had to do when he lost his special key off his toyota. Yes you guessed it , he found it about a week later.

hth

swan

Guest Andy Rathbone

if you can get them off !! do as i did take a stub and a wheeeeeeel to a good motorfactors and try a few, if its the locking nuts that you havent got the key for i'm affraid its time to whip out your dremel, the best of luck

A.

Guest Bob Rowell

before doing anything too drastic Jim try asking at your local garage or tyre depot, it may surprise you just how many of them have a set of sockets for removing locking nuts. They are like a long reach socket with a Left Hand tapered thread inside. Snap on and others sell these kits.