Mg Metro For Sale

Joel

Probably not the most obvious place to try selling a Metro, but you never know.....

Ok, I have for sale an early Mk1 MG Metro (1982). Silver with MG Graphics and grey MG interior with red detailing. Immaculate pepper-pot syle alloys. 1275cc A-Series engine. Genuine 32,000 miles from new. 2 lady owners. Lots of paperwork....

Describing the condition of older cars is always subjective, but I think it's very good overall for the age, and the interior is immaculate. It's all original too - no pimping or dodgy mods here.

It runs, is driveable and all the electrics work, but it doesn't currently have an MOT. I've overhauled the ignition to get it running, fitting new leads, plugs, points, etc. I've replaced a few vacuum and fuel lines and it has a brand new battery fitted.

Right, as you can see from the pictures it's in great overall condition, but this is currently everything that I'm aware is wrong with it:

Bodywork.

There's a dent in the boot where the previous owner reversed into a gate post.

There's a small crease in the front n/s wing.

There's some light surface rust on the n/s rear wing.

Front bumper is a bit shabby.

Any other dings/scratches/chips/rust are just what you would expect of a near 30 year old car, and not worthy of a specific mention.

Mechanical.

It definately needs a new exhaust back box

Hydragas suspension needs pumping up

Other.

Tail gate hydraulic ram doesn't hold the boot lid up.

Apart from that it could do with a general service (oil change etc), and for peace of mind you might want to put four new tyres on as I can't say how old they are.

£750. (Based on what similar cars are going for on ebay)

More photos here MG Metro photos

• 3 months later...