2b Bottom Ball Joint

Guest PSKey28

Guest PSKey28

:wacko: I have recently purchased a part built 2B, It look likes the previous owner kindly welded extra to the bottom ball joint shaft to get it to fit nicley into a cosworth front hub. However the front hub was replaced with a standard sierra hub and guess what, the bottom ball joint is to big and now shot due to the heat from the welding.

Does anybody know where I can get two new bottom ball joints from, they are the type that are threaded into the bottom wishbone suspension. Or if anybody knows what vehicle they are taken from. ?

Thanks

Paul

Guest PSKey28

Hi Piddy, I have spoken to RH, they want to reaplce the ball joints for me at £50 each. I can and have removed the bottom ball joints already from the wishbone so it is just a case of threading the news back in.

I have another chat with them this week to see if they can shed some light on the type of ball joints they use.

Thanks

Paul

Guest Battery Bill

I think Richard wants to put them in By heating the wishbone first so its a tight fit :rolleyes: Still ours came out easy enough when I got the wishbones powder coated. :rolleyes:

I have also made sure they won't unscrew by wirelocking them in :D

Guest JohnS

I belive that they are citron or peugeot 405

As said when refitting use lock tight and I would sugest locking wire or a split pin in the gap for the removal tool as some have been knowen to to wind them selfs out of the wish bone

John

Guest TerryBarry

In a motor factors I saw a tool that would fit on the lower joint to extract it - the tool was marked as suitable for Peugeot ( unfortunately it didn't list the models covered)

I made locking tabs to prevent rotation as shown

Terry

Guest PSKey28

Thanks for all the replies, I'll get my self off down to my local peugeot dealers to see if they recognise the part. I'll let you all know later.

Thanks

PK

Guest PSKey28

FYI:-

the bottom ball joint used on a 2b is from a peugeot 405. The Quinton Hazell (QH) part number is QSJ972S, they cost approximately £8 each.

They fit a treat.

thanks

PK

FYI:-

the bottom ball joint used on a 2b is from a peugeot 405. The Quinton Hazell (QH) part number is QSJ972S, they cost approximately £8 each.

They fit a treat.

thanks

PK

I've made a note of that, but stuff like that could do with being stored on here somewhere - as a build tip perhaps?

It's the kind of thing lots of us might need in a few years time if they need replacing.

Ant