Ladies Mountain Bikes

Guest Stuartl

Guest Stuartl

My wife is doing the London to Brighton bike ride in four weeks.

She is not happy with her bike as the handlebars wont raise and the saddle is at it highest possible level.

Can anyone give advice on what we should be looking for for a replacement bike. Firstly it will likely come from ebay and will not be ridden regularly so we wont be spending megabucks by any means but just want a bike that a 5'6" female can ride comfortably for the 54 miles to raise the money for the British Heart Foundation.

I would be grateful for all sensible suggestions and advice!

Many Thanks

Stuart

Stu

Best bet would be to go and 'try' some bikes for size at a bike shop to get an idea of what frame size would suit.

I would suggest a hybrid bike with no suspension - doesn't necessarily need to be a 'ladies' frame. 18 speed as a minimum but 24 would be better and try to get an aluminium frame rather than a steel one. Don't need disc brakes, and no chunky tyres - they sap your energy and increase friction. A wheel / tyre such as a 700 x 32 would be about right. If you search 'ladies hybrid bike' on ebay there are loads.

Something like this would suit

ebay bike

Although it does have front suspension it looks like the type that can be locked. Tyres are a bit fat, but you get the idea

Rich

Guest Kennedy48

Try s website called paulcycles.com(co.uk) good bikes half price. Got mine there. They send you the bike and you can build it up ya self or just go to halfolfs and for £20 or something theyl build it.

Luke