I Just Ordered My Zero From Gbs About A Week Ago!

Guest J-Bond

Guest J-Bond

mmmm ... and a year later ... i still not have the entire kit in my house ...

a lot of important missing parts ....

Seats ... (yep ... they forgot one of the bigger parts of the car) ...

propshaft ... (well ... i learn .. the front part is from a nissan 240z and the diff part, is from bmw e21)

steering column (i will use a datsun one, but for mount this one, i will need to cut and modify some parts of the chasis)

raceline water rail cap ... ( jejeje... nissan 810 i guess) ..

zero wing brackets ... ( my mechanic friend made it in the lathe, and i guess we will weld the arms that we will build to this part)

Stoneguards pannels ... (i got some 1mm aluminium plates here at home to build some stuff)

stalks covers .. (if i'm lucky ... i will find a guy who make one in plastic or gbr)

Horn ... mmm i guess i'm going for a PIAA ...

and... i'm loosing the faith in companys ... specially in gbs ... their customer service is horrible.

....... so .. i hope they could send me the weather gear some day this year ....

Guest J-Bond

ahhahaa.. that guy is me ... yep ... 9,5 months later .... they sent me they 80% of my kit ... and i guess i am the only custumer in latin america ... (the same with emerald ECU) ...

Guest snowy2

It is really sad that there has been a problem for you, it does not look good. It cannot have been too difficult to make sure you get everything you ordered to build your kit first time. perhaps there was sent to you more than one package and it has become lost. That all said some things you are expected to find for your self, perhaps this was not fully explained to you...or more likely they forgot that you do not have a sierra to dismantle for parts. Best of luck and i hope you finish it..

Hello,

I have been lucky that I am much closer to GBS than yourself, but I also bought the wide body version and I too had to keep going back to pick up bits that hadn't been ready when I first picked up the kit.

Consider it to be in installments and you would be closer to the truth. However, all parts eventually turned up, usually just in time to complete the part I was working on at the time.

And the closest deadline was the weather gear. I picked that up just TWO days before I needed it actually on the car so a hectic 2 days fitting it for the rally.

As for crash tests, euro 4 compliance ? forget it, that's not going to happen as these cars go through our IVA test to ensure their roadworthiness for our roads. The engine even has an emissions setting for the IVA test so that it can cheat and get through.

(although, oddly, mine passed on the power map as I forgot to change it ?!? :) )

Euro 4 emissions involving exhaust gas recirculation - nope - won't happen here. However, I think my car may have to have a permanent catalytic converter (CAT) on it because of the new registration. If I had the previous documents and fitted an older engine, I wouldn't have needed one. Oh well ...

I do know that GBS are very busy every time I visit and there aren't many workers to share the load around. I think that you will eventually get answers (and parts) from them as they have always been very helpful when I have visited them. (And, no, I am not associated in any way with them, just another customer)

This forum will probably be the best source of information for you as it is updated daily, even hourly :)

In the end, enjoy the build and take your time. You WILL find things frustrating at times, so walk away and return another day.

Happy building,

Simon.