Insurance And Vin Number

Guest motokustom

Guest motokustom

Not sure if this is the best place in the forum but here goes....

Yesterday I insured my car with Frank Pickles. They did a "deal" where although I have fully comprehensive cover, if I bin it and make a claim I fix it and the insurance company supply the parts only. Anyone else got this? Of course if an accident is someone else's fault normal rules apply.

Normal 4K mileage, myself and my father on policy £120 and change. The bit I found odd is he did not want or need a registration number! This was good as I am pre SVA and don't have one yet! I said I would notify him ASAP after a pass and he said the insurance company only insure kitcars on their VIN numbers.

Whilst this sounds good, how do we get on later, with ANPR cameras? Surely I will be "spiked" everytime I pass one? How does my VIN number tie up with my new registration plate? I can only assume when a V5 is issued for my 2B the VIN somehow electronically gets assigned to the index?

I should have asked Pickles really and think a call will be forthcoming.

Has anyone else got this type of olicy? Its underwritten by Lloyds KGM group. Thanks Dave

Guest motokustom

I just called Pickles and the guy I took the policy out with was not available BUT his collegue is pretty sure they will need the index number to add the vehicle to the database for the ANPR etc.... which really confirms my initial thoughts... I will call Steve though and let you know exactly what the deal is! I must say it did seem odd....