New To Rh Scene And Looking At Buying This..... Is It A Good Price And

Guest Neil A

Guest Neil A

Hi there guys,

ive been reading through and everyone seems real helpful and im looking forwarxd to owning and building a Robin Hood!

i have seen this on ebay, ive noticed that there are many differences in chassis and wanted advice to see if its good value, what chssis is it etc. im sure i'll pick it up all very quick, its just im itching to buy my new project!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Robin-Hood-Kit-Car-2B-/150625658460?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2311fd265c

any supportive help appreciated :)

neil

It's not a 2B as listed in the ad, it is a lolocost, which was Robin Hood Engineerings attempt at breaking into the locost market.

The IRS rear end would probably make it a good drive, and add some improved geometry wishbones at the front to really improve things. If all the body panels are there you should be ok, don't know if GBS would still have the plans to produce any that are missing, otherwise you may need to get inventive with your tin snips etc.

IVA shouldn't be an issue, and as there's not a lot done to it you can start your own photo evidence for the test.

Don't forget to allow up to an extra £1k on top of everything else for IVA test, retest fee in case you fail, inspection fee, tax and insurance for any car that is not already built and on the road.

Guest snotfart

i will be gutted if you buy it i was hoping it would not sell so i could pick it up as a spare on the relist for £500

it is basically a good if slightly heavy chassis,if you want to know more about the faults read up about the 2B

as it is the same except for the wishbone rear suspension.

dave