Robin Hood Superspec For Sale

aardvark

Hello Hoodies,

UPDATE:

Now on ebay : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130560970023#ht_983wt_1139

and Pistonheads : http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3116772.htm

I’m selling my Robin Hood Superspec which I’ve had for exactly 1 year.

The car was bought from Dredd (top bloke) who was an active and well known member of this club and has lived up to everything I’d expected. It was well built and looked after when I bought it and I’ve kept up the tradition.

This was my first kit and since I’ve been dabbling I’m now planning to build my own.

The Superspec has 2L Rover T series engine from an 800 series. An Avon Electronics MEMS immobiliser bypass has been fitted and a Rover 220 ECU plus I have a spare ECU.

Dredd fitted Gaz adjustable shocks during the build.

The car is mostly stainless and GRP. Its made from a SS tubular frame. The bonnet side panels and rear panel are SS the nose and wheel arches are yellow GRP. The boot surround is carbon fibre.

It has 15" Array 5 spoke alloys in mint condition with Yokohama tyres with good tread on 2, new spare and fronts will need changing in around 600 miles at a guess.

Inside is carpeted and has Recaro fully adjustable seats and Sabelt 4 point harnesses and a Mountney steering wheel.

Full wet weather gear included but never fitted or used.

Trickle charger also included.

Mods since I bought the car:

•  
  • The scuttle has been wrapped with 3m carbon fibre wrap.
  • New SS dash with contrasting 3m carbon wrap
  • New set of retro ETB gauges and senders, tacho, speedo, temp, fuel, oil. The fuel sender has not been fitted but I have it if needed.
  • New dash switches for lights and fog.
  • New carbon centred wing mirrors
  • New rear view mirror in chrome
  • New gear linkage from Robin hood making the gear change much more responsive
  • New colour matched gear knob
  • Redesigned rear fuel filler (the original plan was very slow to fill)
  • New battery
  • When fitting the new gauges I redesigned and simplified some of the wiring and labelled as much as I could trace behind the dash.
  • New nautilus air horn – very loud but legal.
  • New chrome wipers
  • And I’ve got loads of bits and pieces.

The above is easily £1000 worth.

I want £4750 £4250 for the car. Its a cracking car and being a superspec it was built using all new parts, no donor, no recon engine. All in all its done around 10000 miles since being registered.

I had planned some more mods but my wife things it will be better for me to build my own from scratch.

I’m in Greece at the moment (til the 5th) and will post more pics if necessary when I get back.

Please PM me if interested or better still send me a txt message on 07968 904 386 if you have any questions

post-4505-0-32987400-1311858304_thumb.jpg

post-4505-0-28578800-1311858311_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After several tyre kickers and around 15 offers of part ex from fireblades to a suzuki vitara (you just wouldn't would you?) I came to the conclusion that it was the wrong time to sell, at the end of the season.

Anyway final week of the advert on pistonhead I had 3 offers at the asking price. How mad is that?

Sold and now gone to a decent guy in Ireland who I've encouraged to join the club.

Guest G.T.2142

After several tyre kickers and around 15 offers of part ex from fireblades to a suzuki vitara (you just wouldn't would you?) I came to the conclusion that it was the wrong time to sell, at the end of the season.

Anyway final week of the advert on pistonhead I had 3 offers at the asking price. How mad is that?

Sold and now gone to a decent guy in Ireland who I've encouraged to join the club.

Sorry to ask but did he (the Irish guy...same as myself) mention how much VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax) he was going to pay when he brought it over here? Thinking of doing something along the same lines myself. If you hear from him again I'd love to contact him and see how he gets on.

Well done on the sale too. looks like a sweet motor.

Thanks