A Good Thrashing!

megadodo

I took my brother and his 2 boys out in the 2b at the weekend and gave the car "a damn good thrashing". The fuel surge issue appears to have gone thanks to the LP pump and swirl pot :lol: ! It is quite scary how much cr@p the fuel filter has stopped in the short time its been in :shok: . I think I'll pull it out and back flush it! The car is still grounding even after another bout of spring seat tightening and the ride height does look high when looking at the gap between the tyre and the rear wheel arch but it is better than it was! While I had the C spanner out I thought I'd take a look at the front shocks & springs and its clear there is an issue! :diablo: The N/S front wing has always "jiggled" about more than the O/S and I'd always put that down to the fixings becoming loose and I have had to tighten them every time I go out! this time however they were NOT loose and the wing still "jiggling" even though I can't move it any more than the other by hand! The car sits slightly lower on that side as well even though the spring is wound up more tightly??? I thought to myself, have I got a matched pair of shocks & springs or not so I dug out the graphs supplied with the shocks and the damping "maps" are significantly different! I'll call Dampertech for advice on what to check for!