Raby Castle (north East Area)

Redspec

Guest outtolunch

Hardly seems worth getting the car out to pop over the road to the neighbours, could stroll down or maybe better to get the electric bike out as its uphill on the way back.

Guest marsbar

There is this car show, and there is one at Dalemain Country House, near Penrith, normally very good, entrants from all over Britain, so you could have a choice.

The only problem is getting there, is having to go up via Hartside Pass, what a horrible twisty road, with those terrible views, and all those bikes you can chase! ( Attempt at Irony )

Steve

Guest outtolunch

I've just washed and polished the car so its almost respectable now so I will be lazy and drive it down, not even a layby from where I am to meet up in so I can wait by the gate and join the convoy there

Guest Kennedy48

I've just washed and polished the car so its almost respectable now

iv just got in from washing mine. Picking all the dead flies off the rear wheel archers. Think o need to advice tomorrow how to get the shine

luke

Guest Kennedy48

Had a good day today at raby castle. Sun burnt face though. Just been looking at seatin delavsl hall. They have a classic car show on the 27th august. Il looK into it and let people know if anyones interested.

Cheers

luke

Had a good day today at raby castle. Sun burnt face though. Just been looking at seatin delavsl hall. They have a classic car show on the 27th august. Il looK into it and let people know if anyones interested.

Cheers

luke

Sounds like a plan to me, It says it starts at 11am why not start another thread in Events and see what interest there is?

PS

Can the person who booked the weather for this weekend book it for the 27th :D

Guest outtolunch

Had a good day despite the breakdown outside the enterance at least that has now been fixed (the ignition feed to the keyswitch had a bodged soldered connection onto a broken crimp connection in a multiway plug, salvaged one from an old loom and carefully prised the crimps open to reuse it ) and I thought that the intermittant periods of erratic running were down to the plug leads hopefully this has cured it seemed ok just now on a beer run to the co-op.

Also got a mini Bahco adjustable at a bargain price but next time will go better prepared with chairs picnic and a sun hat.

I did order the weather as I'm on holiday and just hope the forcast rain in the south next week stays down there as I'm off in the Hood camping