Suspension Options For A S7 On Cortina Subframe

flameredturbo

Hi, I got an S7 last weekend and am thinking about my first few mods. Im not all that comfy with it running on the standard cortina shocks and springs. What are my options? Only really looking for bolt off bolt on ideas. Thanks In advance.

Richard

Richard, Big Lee runs the same set up as you, and after a mod on the front springs, replacing cortina ones with 350lb springs, he's more than happy with his wet up.

I'm sure he'll be along soon to give you more detail though

Si

Guest Tim Norman

My first Hood was an S7 that ran on standard springs. It was fine and didn't need lowering. Fine would be selling it short, I wish my current Hood handled as well. The first one would do the Old hairpin at Donny flat out in 4th no probe. POst a few pictures and we will see what if anything needs or can be done

Guest Tim Norman

Just make sure it has about 0.5 degrees negative camber and the same toe in as a Caterham. Those settings served me well with mine. A more important issue is sorting the rear axle location. The rout I tok is different to everyone else as the top rear arms I fitted were parallel to and the same length as the lower arms. That mean they intruded in to the tub and needed mounts fabricating etc. I also had a pan hard rod fitted that passed under the nose of the diff. Other people will tell you that the long top arms aren't necessary but that is their opinion. It worked fro mine and mine was bloody quick and handled a treat and more important it was predictable on the edge.