Gosforth

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

Just been informed that one of the testers at this station is an absolute w..... He admitted quite openly that he did not like Robin Hoods and picked fault with anything and everything. Whilst waiting for his third retest he watched the same tester pass another vehicle that was of a lesser build quality. :gdit:

You have been warned...

Guest Battery Bill

:lol: Lets arrange a Hoodies day out in Gosforth, Imagine his face if a big gang turned up :lol:

Its really bad that this type of person gets a job like this, surely he would have been better becoming a traffic warden :rolleyes:

Had my SVA at Gosforth 31st March, failed on a few things but found tester reasonable, he has watched the robin hood vidios. He would not accept self amalgamating tape or silicone to cover sharp edges. Steering wheel pad was ok but failed Mountney cast boss as it was none collapseable. Failed inner seat belt mounts, these came through floor into angle iron that goes full width of car. this angle iron is bolted to plates where seirra mounts are bolted through. His way of thinking is that seat belt mounts should be fixed to chassis and for angle iron to become part of chassis it has to be welded to it. As my test was getting done a imported FTO failed on small radius on radio and a failed dash bulb.

The whole welding / bolting thing is a complete nonsense. A bolted joint has a rating on the bolt head so it's measurable. I've seen (and done) some very weak welds in the past! Trouble is, the only way to get rid of such a tester is to confront them head on, apply for the "unfair failure" procedure, and cross your fingers that the car passes everything else. I doubt anyone will ever do that because it means sticking your neck above water and argueing. The focus is always on getting one particular car through the test and that is easier done by doing what you're told at the SVA station.

Ant

Guest Fred2b

Would it be feasible for RHOCAR as such a large club to write a letter of complaint to whoever about the total SVA farce not only at this site but country wide. Surely we have some grounds for it? Anyone who watched the Scrapyard Challenge show last year knows those vehicles were crap and dangerous compared to a well built Robinhood. Oh yeah, they were agricultural vehicles, I forgot!!!!!

Fred :angry:

Guest Andy Rathbone

All i need is a name, preferably the one of the tester. there is an official procedure to make a complaint/appeal against desicions and persons. i have a contact you see, he tests the testers :D and any complaints go to him. i will try and find out the proper procedures for the raising of issues etc and speak to him. ;) its not what its who you know.

Guest CHRIS.P

Hi

Just to add my bit I also took my SVA in Gosforth and passed first time Aug 2003 ,I did have my lower seat belts bolted onto angle and in turn bolted to chassis (not welded) and this was no problem at all .so I would say have a go at challenging this tester as he obviousley does not know what he is doing. :gdit:

Cheers Chris.P