Sva Pass

Guest Ken Brough

Guest Ken Brough

After 19 points on my 1st test i returnedyesterday for the person in question (i thin k) to carry out the checks.

He seemed fine especially if you have a go at Richard as he sees him as the enemy.

I welded my 2 " angle and he was fine with that in fact he asked me to do that when i poped in prior to my sva.

At 1st they wanted a speed rating of 100 mph to cover the 2.1 pinto but Richard would not give one.

After i explained this they checked my tyres and speedo to see if they are capable and gave me a buy.

I think its the way you approach and speak to the examiners.

One of them even admitted to not having to argue for a change.

Now just the screen, hood ect.

Guest Battery Bill

Ken

At 1st they wanted a speed rating of 100 mph to cover the 2.1 pinto but Richard would not give one.

What do you mean ?

What would Richard not give one ? :rolleyes:

Guest Lindsay

well done Ken,

I'm pleased it turned out OK in the end as I'm going to be using Gosforth some time around about June. I've been on the phone to them several times and they are always very helpfull.

You've a long journey in front of you to get to Le Mans! I hope to join you next year!

Lindsay (8 miles North of Berwick-upon-Tweed)

Guest Ken Brough

Lyndley, i spoke to Richard about the speed item and he said that "the 2b was legally speed rated at 70 as thats all you can legally do on our roads".

But when i told the examiner this he checked my speedo and tyre speed rating which was enough to satisfy him.

Good look with your test.

If you want i will pop up one weekend and have a look over to see if there is anything that may catch the examiners eye.

I am on 07980 181 493 if you want a meet