Iner And Outer Dash Pannals

Guest greengrass

Guest greengrass

I just dont get the inner and outer dash pannel set up do they sit next to each other, how they sit i just carnt get my head around it? Can anybody help. i know g.b.s do a different dash but i want to use the parts i have. plus has anybody got picture on were the scuttle meets the sides (cockpit side). think i have mine is to far forward. thanks

any help greatley appreacated.

Guest merc190provan

The inner dash panel has a small pip on the centre tab, this is used to space the panel from the front of the scuttle. Cut the inner dash away until it is only about 1 1/2" wide, this is used to mount the outer dash. Bend the tabs on the inner panel forward and touch the pip on the front of the scuttle on the underside to acheive the correct spacing, use countersunk rivets very close to the edge to mount this and then they are hidden by a rubber trim later. You can then mount the outer dash to this using rivnuts. Hope this helps, always ring Gbs with any problems you have, i have found them to be very,very helpful, when i visit the factory to collect parts i always take a camera and take many snaps of the cars being built. This site is also excellent as many Zero`s have now been built and tips from fellow builders sometimes offer an alternative or sometimes better way.

Marty Smith

Edited by merc190

I have an all in one scuttle and dash on an S3a

I would recomend fixing the dash panel in a way that makes removing it at a later date easy.

Blind fixings from the rear would look good but provide easy access to the wiring for the future.

I recently purchased a complete but IVA failed zero. I needed access to the dashboard area to address one minor wiring fault and had to take the whole scuttle apart!

As others have said, if you have an all in one dash I would recommend making the dash removable. It's not expensive to do but is time consuming, hopefully the finished product will be worth the effort.

I have taken a few photo's as I've gone along which should give you the info needed, but can't upload them at the moment as we have the builders in doing some construction work on the house.