Calling 2b/hood Owners In North London

Guest Steve

Guest Steve

Hi,

Having battled away with the lights on my 2B for what seems like months now I am on the point of throwing the towel in and calling for professional help. But before I do that I was wondering if there are any 2B owners that live near Winchmore Hill in North London that could make a visit to check what I am doing?

I have the extra relay pack from RHE and yet I cant get the dip/main beams to work. I have all the screws in on the column switches, I have replaced the switches with another set, I have powered the system in reverse, I have earthed the switch housing and yet no matter what I try I can't get the pesky lights to work.

Any knights in shining armour out there?

Steve

Guest cwing79

Dont know if this helps but there is a previous bit on this subject further down the page called headlamp units, dont know if this helps? by the way i live up the A10 in Hoddesdon so i'm not too far away. i'm dreading the electrics!!!

Guest Troy Halliday

Hi Steve, hi cwing79 I'm pretty much in the middle of you to in Waltham Abbey.

Steve, I'm going to go through the obviouse things first. Do you have an electrical tester. If so I would do a check of the wiring between each of the connections, it is not unheard of to get broken wire in a cable. A simple circuit test will do. If you find all the wires seem unbroken I would do a circuit test on the connections and switches. I know this seems a pain in the backside but I allways try the obvious first.

If you have tried all of these post agian and I'll see if I can borrow a car to come up and have a look. My not so trusty Clio's clutch has just gone, so I am using my Dads van when it's not being used.

Guest Steve

Thanks Chris / Troy.

I will check the details on the headlight wiring as listed in that post and come back to you. I'd be happy to come and collect you if you have transport difficulties though, least I could to in return for your efforts.

Steve