Sierra 2.0 Efi Twin Cam

Guest NantLladron

Guest Alan_builder

I have bought a twin ca 2.0 engine apart from the ecu and engine loom what else do I need to get it running?

The injection system, the ecu and engine loom are the easy way to get it running. If yyou want to put in a Can that is hotter than a fast road you will need a different ecu.

Guest sandy77uk

the sierra donor I bought had the I4 DOHC engine fitted, i never used it, instead i bought a zetec

I can't remember if it was the N8A (carb) or N9A (EFI) i still have the lot sat in the garage, lump, sump and head, it was a very pokey engine, even in the monster that was the sierra (i'm sure it was 8v but can check)

anyone is welcome to it

Guest david56

I have it here now

1 can the aly sump be replaced with a standard steel one? which can then be shortened

2 what is the best fuel pump to use.

3 will i need to fit a low pressure fuel return?

Guest Alan_builder

Hi David

May I suggest you close this post and restart continuing with DOHC, Sierra 2.0 Efi Twin Cam will confuse and the correct people are not responding as they read the title and assume they can't contribute.

1 Aluminum sumps can be shortened. I don't know if there are steel sumps for the DOHC or what pattern the sump is to fit an alternative.

2 Take a look here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380337670850?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 this auction has ended but that is the type and there are others on the link, £50 is your target Try a new search. Could try the breakers, Sierra or Granada use the same pump, it is external not in tank.

3 With injection yes, or you will be pumping fuel onto the road from out of the pressure regulator return at the rate 25 gallons per hour, very expensive.