Sva Test Requirements

Guest wmc

When I spoke to the SVA test centre in Birmingham I was told that I should check that all the wiring was sleeved or wrapped in insulation tape.

Do they mean all the loom or just areas that are potentially exposed to wear? And if they mean the whole loom, do I have to tape up to each and every connector?

Hi Andy,

I was worried about the same thing, I wrapped most of the long lengths of loom in insulating tape but there were still quite a few wires that were not wrapped or sleeved (even in the engine bay). They were all cable tied at least every 200mm though and I protected them from the sharp bits of metal. I debated wrapping the whole lot which would have taken ages but at SVA he didn’t say anything about them! I was quite surprised but relieved.

Guest Andy Rathbone

i guess they only mean the bits that are exposed electrically, where there are joints and terminations. i would also reinforce other areas that may be exposed to excessive wear. just make sure its all clipped every 300mm is the minimumumumunumun