Wobbly Mirrors And Other Stuff

Guest Hammy360

Guest Hammy360

A couple of quick questions as I finish the build. My wing mirrors vibrate a lot on tickover, they are as tight as I can get them, will this be a problem for IVA. Secondly Im not happy with the throttle pedal return. IM using GSXR TB's an the spring is strong on them, is there something else I can do rather fitting an additional spring to the pedal??

Cheers

Hi,

What I did to help prevent this wobble is make a large aluminium strengthener to go inside the scuttle and that helped a lot.

You will remove this afterwards anyway, so any large postcard sized piece bent to shape with a hole for the bolt will do.

Simon.

Your mirrors must give an undistorted rear view,so no wobble or vibration; are you screen-less-- make sure field of view is O.K. -- scuttle mirrors can be too low in relation to height of rear arches.

Guest Hammy360

Your mirrors must give an undistorted rear view,so no wobble or vibration; are you screen-less-- make sure field of view is O.K. -- scuttle mirrors can be too low in relation to height of rear arches.

Yep screenless, field of view fine though

Guest Hammy360

Hi,

What I did to help prevent this wobble is make a large aluminium strengthener to go inside the scuttle and that helped a lot.

You will remove this afterwards anyway, so any large postcard sized piece bent to shape with a hole for the bolt will do.

Simon.

Cheers will try this out

Guest Hammy360

Hi,

Simon.

Cheers Simon it worked a treat!!

Guest Hammy360

Oh, one more thing. Make sure that the pedal when it returns will not get trapped in the "up" position. With a strong spring that is a possiblilty.

Simon.

Sorted this with silicone lubricant in the cable tube

The throttle cable is not the problem area. What I mean is the small section of internal cable that you can see between the pedal clevis and where it enters the outer cable.

What can happen is that if your foot slips off the throttle, the spring pulls the pedal up so quickly that it carries on moving trying to compress the cable and the pedal gets jammed up past the normal closed position.

I put a small piece of aluminium angle inside the pedal box to act as a stop to prevent this happening.

I'll see if I have a picture of this.

Simon.

Guest Hammy360

The throttle cable is not the problem area. What I mean is the small section of internal cable that you can see between the pedal clevis and where it enters the outer cable.

What can happen is that if your foot slips off the throttle, the spring pulls the pedal up so quickly that it carries on moving trying to compress the cable and the pedal gets jammed up past the normal closed position.

I put a small piece of aluminium angle inside the pedal box to act as a stop to prevent this happening.

I'll see if I have a picture of this.

Simon.

A piccy would be great mate