Jim Clark Museum

Guest shorty

Guest shorty

Hi would anyone be interested in visiting the Jim Clark memorial room at Duns in the borders.It is 74 miles from Cramlington.I intend to go on the Sunday the 5th of August.The room is open from 2 to 4 pm in the afternoon.We could go on some twisty roads to Rothbury then up the A697 and the A6112 to Duns,arriving early afternoon,have a packed lunch,then visit the museum and a nice drive back.If we leave Cramlington about 10.30 that will about right.

Any takers Artie

Guest mower man

Hi would anyone be interested in visiting the Jim Clark memorial room at Duns in the borders.It is 74 miles from Cramlington.I intend to go on the Sunday the 5th of August.The room is open from 2 to 4 pm in the afternoon.We could go on some twisty roads to Rothbury then up the A697 and the A6112 to Duns,arriving early afternoon,have a packed lunch,then visit the museum and a nice drive back.If we leave Cramlington about 10.30 that will about right.

Any takers Artie

That sounds good wish I was closer mower man

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shorty

The weather for Sunday is not looking great we will have to make a decision on Saturday night the forecast might have improved by then.Keep checking for updates.

Artie

Typical bloody summer weather, if we still go I will be at washington services northbound at 10am for anyone coming from the south,

And then meet up with you at Stannington services

NE61 6ED about 10-30???

Steve

Guest shorty

Hi

Just been on the BBC weather website and the forecast for tommorow is looking better and better so I am up for it I will see you at Stannington service station at 10.30.I phoned the museum to make sure they are open and they are.So I hope to see you there.

Artie

Guest shorty

Hi

Well bad news everyone from north of the tyne have dropped out.Do you still wan't to go ahead.i can take you on some great roads up here if you would rather do that.

Artie

Just spoke to Artie on the phone, the forecast is for heavy showers and it has just started raining here, so the run is cancelled for today.

Artie says he will plan a new date for when the summer arrives.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kennedy48

Hi ickle

Waiting for the weather to improve if you hear when the westies let us know and we will try to go too.

Regards Artie

My grandad was up at the borders think he said at the weekend. (not sure which weekend he said) apparently there was loads of westys going up that way. On trailers an driving. Dont know where they were going though