Pinto Turbo

Guest Robin Allison

Guest Robin Allison

I've finished the manifold to mount a garrett T3 turbo on to the pinto engine. so i though i would just post a few pics in case anyone may be interested. I can also get the decompression plates made to retain the standard pistons. reducing the compression for 9.2:1 down to 8.0:1.

I'm not saying its a good thing to fit but its there to be done :D

post-6-1084820613.jpg

Guest Russler

is it in a 2b, if so what have you done with the brakes? I contemplated the idea but at the time wasn't thinking in terms floor mounted pedals. Anyway is it running yet, if so what carb have you used?

sounds good hope to see you at curbrough

Guest Robin Allison

The set up is for my RS2000 so far as the 2b may be going :boohoo: . And a standard cozzie down pipe will fit with a twist :rolleyes: . i think it will fit the 2b with the servo removed and the master cylinder moved back but i still need to check that out. The main problem is fitting the intercooler as you will know there ain't much room in a 2b.

The turbo ain't on the car yet, still need the spacer plate cutting. Its going to be running though the standard ford Efi system with a fifth injector and ignition retard when on boost. A freind has one done is using cozzie injectors its putting out about 220bhp :o with no ignition retard so the boost is limited to 22psi.

As for running it on carbs it is possible using Dellorto's they will take 9psi boost with out mods. But it is possible to run more. I have had an e-mail from someone in Finland who is running a 2.0 pinto on carbs with a turbo and its putting out 600bhp :blink: see pic

Rob

post-6-1084868427.jpg

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Robin,

If you never venture down into the softie-south with that RS2000 of yours, please let me know.....

My favourite car ever ever ever ever......

Stuart

Guest Robin Allison

The Car I car that motor is in is a hill climb/sprint car and its done 2 years competition and now’t has broke apart form the shell. If you look back at the old cozzie they had over 500bhp.

Guest Stuart Ainslie
How far is South? I'll be going to the Newark show. and i'm around Oxford now and then.

Robin,

Those parts of the world are still up North ! ! ;)

I live in Essex, work in London - not quite in the deep South (Banjo's, all look the same etc. :lol: ) but down far enough....