Cam /engine Build Lube

Guest mower man

Guest mower man

Any body got any preference on cam lube ? I have used a range of stuff in my time but wondered if there is any thing new about ,will shortly be buiding moddified cyl head with new cam etc regards mick [mower man] :crazy: :clapping:

I always build any engine using Graphogen grease. A bit pricey but unbeatable in performance Mick. Just before it becomes unreachable I do cover the cam and followers in the lube that comes with a new one on top of the graphogen.

HTH,

Nick

Guest robinj66

I have heard good things about the Graphogen stuff. However before I was aware of it (and as a complete amateur) I used a mixture of oil and the STP Oil Treatment stuff from Halfords etc. It's like syrup and sticks to all the bearings etc.

For the cam I used cam lube (Comp Cams) from V8 Tuner

Guest mower man

Thanks to you all, will probably go with Graphogen and also lucas as well , it will probably set the no additives in modern oil debate off but I have done it fo years and never lost an engine to oil probs since 67 o/heating yes but not lube mick :clapping: :crazy: