Washer Bottle

Guest Stephen Robertson

Guest Stephen Robertson

Hi Guys

I have a great big horrible washer bottle as supplied by RH, but I am running out of space to put it.

The best spot I have found is inside the car behind the battery (usual place), ;)

Where have you guys put yours?

Or should I through it away and look for a smaller one?

Cheers

Stephen

post-5-1085073106.jpg

Guest TerryBarry

Hi,

I ended up with mine in the boot - the space you've used is occupied by the wiper motor

Will be refilled through aperture in boot liner - it's got a low level warning light switch - so I'll know when to do it.

Terry

Or should I through it away and look for a smaller one?

that's your decision Steve, but this one cost about £12 if I remember correctly, c/w pump.

I have it under the pedal box cover, with a trapdoor in the top, held by those fancy little clip things that you see on track cars, were they want to get into something, if you're really interested, I'll get a better piccy, and more details.

post-5-1085082942.jpg

Guest Battery Bill

Terry

I ended up with mine in the boot

Is that not a waste of valuable boot space ? :p :p :p :p

Stephen

We have the rear washer bottle out of a Granada, nice and slim with a long neck so it will easily fit in under the bonnet

(usual place),
:p

Guest daveg
Is that not a waste of valuable boot space ?

Jeez...from someone who has the battery in the boot when Richard designed a lovely shelf etc for it where it should be :lol: :lol: :D :lol:

Dave

PS BigLee, I see you know where to put it :p but shouldn't you cover that +ve terminal :huh:

Edited by daveg

Mine is in the boot too. It's the rear washer bottle from a mid 1980's fiesta.

205's have a dead slim rear washer bottle. Only a couple of inches thick, and about 9 inches square. It may fit better in the engine bay compared to more rectangular items.

Ant

Dave, I suppose I should but havn't got round to it.

Although I did burn my hand once when a spanner welded itself to my baulkhead, so it keeps me on my toes.

Cheers

Lee

Guest graham dockerill

Stephen through it away, you can get a neat one on ebay from lowtension ltd, there are some on now , ebay number 2479396471 and only £9.99. Graham

£9.99 for a washer bottle. Sheesh! They're a couple of quid from your local scrappy ... lots of designs to choose from ... all shapes and sizes. I guess Ebay doesn't mean a sat morning to get one though.

Ant