Worn Poppers For Roof/tonneau

Ben Powers

Has anyone had experience replacing old weak poppers on the roof and/or bodywork? Just wondered how it is done as there is no obvious fixing. Ideally I want to remove the existing poppers and put new and less shonky ones in so that Mrs doesn't have to hold the roof down. Any tips gratefully received!

You wouldn't want to hammer on the car though :) These are usually riveted in place.

I have to replace one that keeps coming off on the top of the windscreen. I'm thinking of getting a self tapper to hold that one in place - or even replace the lot with say lift the dot type instead for the front of the hood.

Simon.

if they are riveted on you will need a sharp drill. now the rivets should be either 3mm or 4mm if its 3mm you can use ordinary rivets if its 4mm you will to use countersunk rivets. drill very carefully on the windscreen surround. Ordinary fasteners are fine for the windscreen for the last one on each side its a good idea to put push the dot directional. and for the 1st ones on the rear part of the hood at the door edge.

Andy