Megajolt

Guest tiggertom

Guest tiggertom

Help come to start car after winter mods ,had battery off for last 4 months will not run back fires when cranking with throttle open also back firing through carbs its a 2.0 zetec,megajolt bike carbs set up which ran fine when it was put away,just wondering if megajolt can lose its map when not powered up

Guest woolly

Plug leads moved about

Are you using the bike carb choke should be

Don't think it can loose the map but should still run at 10 deg limp mode

Guest MarkB

mine did the same after sitting a couple of months, quick blast of carb cleaner, plenty of turning over whilst pumping the gas pedal got it going, ran crap for a minute or so then sprung back to life

Guest Sevenheaven

Funny you should say that, I don't think it's the Megajolt but the edis4 unit, mine plays up and I have to disconnect the battery briefly to sort out. (however mine doesn't spark).

Just to note, to fault find the Megajolt unplug it and the engine should run on 10 degree advance from the edis, don't drive as it will not advance without a working Megajolt connected to the pip and saw from a working edis.

Al.

I had issues with the VR sensor plug

Wires were breaking inside

It took a good while to find it

Check run time info, should show a spike on the graph and a massive number in the data if your missing spark, and running

Guest tiggertom

thanks for help,I cannot believe, it was carbs had come off the connecting hoses and sucking air, i guess it happens with that cold spell but it did seem as timing was out well you live and learn .