Gearbox Oil Leak

Guest Phil Slater

Guest Phil Slater

Just to let you know I got the engine out OK. :p

I'd removed the crank pulley to start with. I would probably have found it easier to have removed the water pump as well, as I had to turn the engine from the centre line towards the diagonal - but not really a problem.

Getting the release bearing guide sleeve/cover off was more problematical. Whilst it would spin round in the hole in the bell housing there was no way I could pull it out and off the shaft. Longboarder had warned me it was tight fit in the bell housing and he wasn't wrong!!. In the end I removed the bell housing and it came out relatively easily from the back. I got the new seal today and it went in OK. Given the problems I'd had trying to get the cover off,when it came to putting it back I did it the Haynes way, in reverse, I fitted the cover finger tight and then replaced the bell housing over it. No problemo.

Not sure when the engine will go back, hopefully this weekend but i gotta sort the cam out first.

Thanks again fellers for all the advice.

Phil Slater ;)