Exhaust Fitting Help

Guest Alex2bTurner

Guest fatherhood

Had to cut about 40mm out of forward side of the hole, but as said depends on where the original builder put the hole. I took a measurement from centre of front exhaust port and worked backwards.

Guest mower man

Ihad similar probs with my S7 after wrapping exhaust ,it would not go back in ! .so opened the hole up to approx 6" and riveted all round [its double skinned but thats another tale] ans then formed an out let which helps pull out under bonnet heat,two jobs in one ! mowerman :crazy:

Guest old_timbo

I have the same problem fitting the manifold to my 2B. I haven't had to open up the hole (the RH one which you seem to have is designed to go through it OK) but I do have to move the servo which is very close to the no.4 pipe. I leave the master cylinder bolted to it and there is enough flex in the copper brake lines so I don't have to disconnect them. Still only just works though, and right pain to do.

Guest Alex2bTurner

thanks for all the help guys, well i finally got in in tonight after removing the servo and the steering lengthener bit but i have now got more problems. First problem is that the alternator is fouling on the manifold not a big problem as i think if i just make a new hanging bit i could push it out of the way but the big problem is that the steering column is fouling on exhaust and i cant see how i'm going to be able to put the lengthener bit back in. If any body could suggest what i could do it would be much appreciated.

8F50205F-9C45-4FA7-B31F-F7218981ED23-7557-00000A82285258B0_zps88f06366.jpg

pic of alternator it hits the manifold just on the black bit

CF6EB9C2-4AE0-4F26-B540-6A45F45C647B-7557-00000A8222758ED0_zpse98e16e5.jpg

and the steering hitting the manifold.

Alex