2009 Zero Kit

brumster

Looking at an unused kit on ebay... could be a bit of a saving over new. I'm aware (thanks to Gaz ;) of the chassis differences with the early Zero kits, but in terms of the kit contents, is there anything I should be aware of and make sure is present?

Obviously I'm aware of all the items on the brochure from GBS - chassis, nosecone, 4 arches, panels, finishing strips, lights, wishbones+bushes+bolts, arch brackets, etc.

but what else? Chassis plate, manual/CD.... what else?

Anyone got a list? Or anyone aware of items that the 2009 kit didn't include that maybe newer ones do, for example?

The other point is, are there any parts on the current GBS/Kit Spares shopping list that *won't* fit the earlier Zeros? I doubt this but just checking - for example dashboard panel, windscreen, fuel tank, etc.

Otherwise I could have found what I'm after :)

Well, help me out with the joke ;)

It's either (a) funny because there's stuff all else - which is good news as far as I'm concerned!

or it's (B) funny because I've missed such a stack load of other things that I don't know about, in which case, I'm all ears :D

Well, I've done it, am now the proud owner of a Zero kit....

IMG_20130517_184620.jpg

Away in storage now until the winter when I'll start the build. It anyone is interested in the green nosecone and wings, let me know :)

Very tempting to get cracking on it but I don't have the time, space or money yet - need to get the rally season over with and get some use out of the current 'Hood over the summer... so no rush.

Happy chappy, though, saved a few quid... thanks to Gaz and Richard for some useful info...

• Like 1

They're brand new as in new supplied late 2009 and never used ever since - still in packaging. I just wanted white, that's all, so if I can sell them and order new ones with GBS I'll be happier than having to spray them. They are the conventional wings as opposed to the "sports" ones.

Say £100 for the nosecone and £80 for the front wings. The rear wings are the early type where it's just fibreglass outers and panelled mains, say £20 for those making it a round £200 for the lot.