Steering Clunk

Guest ickle

Guest ickle

Is it just mine that clunks ? I have done the bearing mod and this made a massive difference very smooth now but notice I have a knock/clunk so bought a new steering shaft from gbs but still have this annoying knock. Any other ideas.

Regards stuart

Guest mower man

Track rod ends ,bottom balljoints ,topball joints, steerng column uj on exhaust /alternator, loose nut behind steering wheel :sorry: wish bone bushes is that enough for the time being clamp bolt on uj too long mower man :sorry:

Guest JammyJim

Have you checked for clearance on the lower steering U/J, because of the angle of shaft in relation to rack you might find you have to get the grinder out and round off the U/J ends.

Guest ickle

mmm got new top and bottom ball joints and track rod ends last year

it is deffo from steering shaft column area shaft is tight and steering wheel

is there anything in the steering column that wears out ??

thanks so far stuart

If yours is the sierra column with the triangular lower part I had a clunk after fitting the new bearing mod. I found that my shaft moved fractionally in and out of the plastic bush as the UJs turned. As the bush was a tight fit on the shaft when it finally moved it produced a clunk, I sprayed some white grease on to it (wd40 might work as well) and the noise went.