Cosworth 4 Pot Calipers

Guest phill h

It depends on a few things.

what size the original cossie discs are. and if the calipers are lug or radial mount.

I reckon custom brackets are needed.

On my bmw ive got 325mm discs and aston db9 calipers , they are radial mount and are designed for 355 mm discs. so they were doable to mod to fit.

Cosworth 4-pots - no.

From memory I believe they will bolt onto the hubs but they foul the track rod end some people have managed to get clearance by grinding one or the other but neither is a component that I'd be willing to start grinding chunks off. They certainly wouldn't work with the 260mm discs - 2wd Cosworths got 300+mm discs from memory (4x4's had vented 260mm fronts the same as the V6 and some 2.0 Sierras).

Do you really need more brakes? If you can lock the wheels then you don't.

On my Focus (rally car so mechanically a Sierra) I'm going to use MkII Mondeo calipers with MkI Focus ST170 front discs. You need to drill the mounting holes in the sierra hub out to 12mm for the Focus bolts and depending on the variant of your Sierra front hubs you need a pair of spacers to go between the hub and the caliper to get the discs central in the caliper (basically a pair of thick washers). Standard Ford parts without the "Cosworth" premium and 300mm front discs.

Iain