2.0 Dohc Still No Spark

Guest Neil 64

Guest Neil 64

Really getting fed up now, I've spent all day checking wiring and still no sign of a spark. I've checked all the pins to the ECU are wired to the correct places, the igniton module wiring is all correct, I've had an LED wired in to check the CPS is working, power to the coil, all power to correct pins on ECU and earths. New dizzy cap, rotor arm, leads, plugs & coil. Engine earth is really good now too. I haven't a clue, could it be the ignition module? The LED was flashing on the wire coming from the ECU to the module but I can't see how I can test it going to the coil. I can't help thinking it's something simple but I'm out of ideas.

Does anyone know if I can swap a Motorcraft module for an Intermotor one as I can't find the right one anywhere. The part number is:86FB-12A297-AA.

Guest nippynick

Have you tried pulling the coil lead off the dissy cap and holding it over the rotor arm whilst cranking the engine if it sparks then you may still have a duff rotor

Guest Tweedy

I have a spare Motorcraft module Part no.88BB-12A297-AD which works on my system.There is no plug.I'm happy to send it to you to try out but I prefer not to sell it to you.If yours is faulty I think that you can get them repaired.Cheers Mike

Guest Neil 64

Thanks for that Mike but it's sorted. Had a look at it again this morning after a bit of time away from it and checked the wiring to the module again and had no ignition feed to it. Not sure how that happened as it was there before, connected it up and away it went. I knew it would be something simple.