Zero Rear Diffuser

WallerZ

With all this time between work and uni, waiting for my handbrake, I've been driven nuts by not been able to do anything on the car. I was looking at fitting the rear diffuser after the IVA (some thoughts about it failing for sharp edges) however speaking to a few people, it would appear to be ok if fitted right?

My other question with putting it on is, how have people fitted it? I'm a little unsure how it would fit on securely?

Cheers,

Zach

The diffuser appears to get a mixed reception at IVA, some fail because the radius is not 5mm, but others have been passed. I think the ones that got through were the earlier ones.

I just put the edging strip on all edges and left the diffuser off then fitted after IVA.

Re your question about fitting.

There is a stainless mounting strip that goes at the rear edge of the floor pan, 5 * M6 bolts in their into rivnuts in the diffuser and the 2 at each side under the wheel arches holds it fine.

Have a look through here https://plus.google.com/photos/100634882461714965002/albums/5890121853107907281?authkey=CIa00OazxqntTA

I think all diffusers would fail the IVA because of the "sharp" edge on the top. (It's not the required radius) I fitted mine afterwards.

Fitting - as above for a total of 9 bolts holding it into place. The edge under the car should already have the two holes pre-cut for you. You just need the under body S/S strip which acts as a lip to insert (This is for the wide body version with the lowered floor pan - not sure about the standard one)

Simon.