Super Spec

Guest V8K

has any one split the rover engine from the ford box on there super spec yet as i would like a template of the matting plate for (after my sva) as ive two opptions either the v8 or 2ltr turbo route and think power to weight a rover 2ltr twin cam turbo is best although a v8 would sound a lot better as you just cant beat the gurrgle a v8 gives at tick over

plus if i can get the 2ltr in i may sell the v8 with manuel box which has been sat in the back of my garage since lord only knows and i keep tripping over it

Guest Robin Allison

I have a rover 2.0 16v i was going to put in my 2b. Tried to get Richard to sell me a plate or g/box to fit but he was not interested. had a look at the superspec at Newark last year, glad i didn't get one from him as it looked like the MT75 box gets hacked to bits to fit it on. Would still be interested to see pics of the mods to the G/box though.

Guest Friar Tuck

V8K

Sorry, but that is one bit of the car that I haven't dismantled, and re-assembled, so can't help.

I doubt if anyone else would be able to help, but once I am mobile, it may be possible to do it by measurements.

Are you proposing the MT75 gearbox or the earlier series 9? I don't know the differences between them.

Good luck

The Friar

cheers for the replies chaps theres no hurry as im not even svad yet but so close it hurts was in the garage for 10 hours sunday bye time flys when youre having fun fitting speedo cables