Front Wing Brackets

Guest kevin

Guest kevin

Can anyone help me with a picture of a 2b front wing bracket showing how it is fixed to the hub carrier. And what are the snap off brackets for?

Ta Kevin

Guest Ben Salt

On a similar note, how do i join the multibend tube thingy to the bracket?

They're both the same diameter (i know theres supposed to be a collar bit, but cant find it anywhere - can someone post a picture?)

Also, if i do find the collar, the brackets seem to hold the wing about 10cm away from the tyre vertically - do i just need a bit of 'careful trimming'!!

Cheers

Ben

Second question;

Yes the tubes are the same size, you have to cut massif slits along the side of the multi bend tube then 'bash' it into the braket (use grease).

Then in the kit you should have been given a larger pice of tube which you cut into 4 even pieces and they side over the joint and two rivits are a gooden!

Pic should make more sense than my english.

post-5-1088458842.gif

Guest Battery Bill

Ben

They're both the same diameter

Yes there is a bit of steel tube that you should have got which slides over the smaller tubes and you bolt them together. :D

Also, if i do find the collar, the brackets seem to hold the wing about 10cm away from the tyre vertically

They do IMHO hold the mudguard too far away from the tyre thats why we are cutting slots in our mudguards so they sit lower down. :D Or you can go the other way and pack out the top of the bracket tubes so it meets the mudguard. :D

Either way its up to you :D

(Psst If you do decide to cut notches out of the mudguard, don't tell anyone as you tend to get lots of abuse) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest kevin

When I bent the tab down to the hub to bolt it on, it ended up with a gap of an inch between it and the hub.

Also my wing is hardly wide enough to cover the yoko's that came with the kit.

Kevin

Guest paul mercer

I also had the wider wings but still found that there was a large gap between the arch and wheel so Trimmed a little bit off. Not so sure i'd do it again as the edging has to stop at the trimmed bit and doesn't look right.

There was also a gap of about 15mm between the bracket and the hub. I used a bit of stainless tube that i used as a washer.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Guest jetskijase

Has anyone used an alternative bracket??

I've heard about mk doing a good one??

I dont mind doing thing's the robin hood way, but when it come's to bits that are on show i'd rather go for the better option/ paying extra ^_^

Any idea's ^_^ ^_^

Jase

Hi when i first offered up my multi bend tube to the wheel, I thought no way would it fit nice see attached pic. but after trimming tubes and bending a bit more have fitted to the mud guard with out any prob. I think I have wider wings.

try it sleep on it and try again if not happy it can be done just takes time.( a bit like the rest of the build)

all the best

Stephen Altwasser

Guest paul mercer

Jase

I agree about the fact that anything on show is worth spending the extra on. I've replaced most of the bits that came with the kit but was happy with the end result with my brackets.

I cut them to length, used the extra bit of sleeve and riveted it on as best as possible. I then got the tubes welded together, and then ground down the joint. I then removed the rivets and had the holes welded up. I then used a blow torch to heat the corners one at a time so that i could bend the bars.

Attaching it to the hub, i used bolts to secure the 90deg bits to the bracket, and the main opinch bolt was used to hold in place. When i was happy i again had it welded up, removed the bolts and had holes welded up. Now i remove the pinch bolt and teh one in the back of the hub and the whole wheel arch will come off.

the photo attached is just a bit of one i had, so it doesn't really help that much i'm afraid.

Paul

post-5-1088535102.jpg