Seats

Guest ben

This is how I am planning on bolting by seats in my 2B.

From the floor :

through some 5 mm aluminium

through the floor and then into the seat runners.

My question is, for the SVA is there a certain size the bolts need to be or is it as long as the seats dont move?

Thanks very much.

I used M8 with locknuts.

Your bolts will have to lock into the seat runners, then pass through the floor and through the aluminium and then have the nuts on the bottom simply because you can't get a spanner on the top of the bolt when the seat is in.

Guest Phil Slater

Sorry, if this is stating the obvious but the bolts need to be high tensile as well ;)

I drilled my runners and tag welded the bolts in position - captive bolts as opposed to captive nuts :wacko: :blink: with the grading marks clearly visible.

Someone else on this forum stated that the part you bolt the seat runners to had to be at least 4mm thick and substantially connected to, or a part of the main chassis if the seatbelts were connected to the seats.

Anyone with the RHE supplied Recaro seats will have noticed those two very tempting looking seatbelt mount points on the base of the seat itself... I am planning to use them and now have to rethink my floor strengthening strategy, as I have a DOHC kit with recessed floorpan.

Oh, and you need M10 8.8 bolts for this application. Not sure about the minimum requirement if your seatbelts are bolted to the floor, but 8.8 grade at least.

Personally I'd be erring on the over strong side and go for M10 8.8 wherever I could, with nyloc nuts as already suggested.