Gbs Loom And Indicator Stalks

neil's

Hi all,

long time since I have played with the car and posted on here. Can anybody help me, I purchased the gbs loom 1.4 version and all othe sub looms from kit spared gauges, lower dash, etc. but I am having issues with getting things working. First of all with the indicator stalks connected up and screwed in place the ignition fuse kept blowing. So cheeked all earths and are no loose wire etc on fuse box all seemed well, after a few hours I realised that the screw hole on the light switch was live and taking the fuse out. So disconnected the stalks from the steering column screw and left them swinging in the wind,lights worked but only with ignition on. Do the side lights not need perm feed? Another one is the indicators don't work either without the fuse blowing. Help I am fast losing my patients with this while awaiting a phone call from gbs to try and shed light on this. There is me thinking plug and play would be simple or not in this case.

Regards

Have you got the correct subloom for the indicator stalks. There are 2 versions of the indicator stalks requiring a different subloom. I seem to remember there being something on the Kit spares site about identifying which is needed.