Robin Hood 2B For Sale - 2Ltr Pinto

Guest SteH

This is my Robinhood 2B kit car, built by myself and my father in 1999. It is fully road legal and correctly registered on the V5C as ROBIN HOOD PROJECT2B.

The engine is a 2ltr Ford Sierra (Pinto) with down draught Weber carburettor, using the Ford Sierra fully electronic ignition system. This engine was professionally reconditioned in 1999 and has only done 1700 miles since. It runs very nicely. A new clutch was fitted during the build. Shortened sump for ground clearance.
Stainless steel 4 into 1 exhaust manifold and silencer.
The gearbox is the 5 speed Type 9 from the Sierra, which also operates faultlessly.
Servo assisted brakes, front discs, rear drums. New brake discs, pads, shoes and drums were fitted during the build, plus new rear wheel cylinders. The front callipers were also overhauled.
5 Alloy wheels, tyres all have very good tread.
Full weather gear in very good condition.
All polished Stainless steel body panels with British Racing Green GRP nose and wings. The chassis is mild steel and was properly prepared and painted at build stage. The rear axle was also shot blasted and painted.
There are minor marks on the GRP which can be polished out with some elbow grease.
The wiring uses the original Sierra loom and while functional could do with some tidying. I actually have an unused Vicki Green wiring loom, should you wish to fully rewire it. The untidiness is mainly due the the mounting for the fuse box being removed to make way for the fitting of the wiper motor. The fuse box really needs remounting, not a big job but I just haven't got round to it.
The head lamp cases are quite rusty and could do with replacing or re-chroming. I do have another unused pair that I will include that do not have as much corrosion.
There are also other areas of the car that would benefit from a bit of re-painting, front suspension arms, hood support bars etc.
The interior trim is rather amateur and would definitely benefit from reworking. Nice turned aluminium Robin Hood branded gear knob though!
This Robin Hood is a very good base for you to put your own stamp on. Fully road legal now and plenty of tinkering to do over the winter.
MOT'd until 20th August, but I intend to get it MOT'd in the next week or so, so will come with a full 12 months.
Please contact me on 07789 050 301 or by PM with any questions or to arrange to view. Car is located at post code WA11 8BH. I am away 7th - 10th August inclusive so viewing will not be possible then.
£2850
IMG_1783_zpsdeoho4ej.jpg
IMG_1787_zpsyy8b7hky.jpg
IMG_1771_zpspfkrlqgw.jpg
F250D149-8F6E-45EE-8C1E-C3801EBAD645_zpsC708F07D-8C8C-4F35-9C4D-7795AE21E1D5_zps
IMG_1769_zps5iollkxl.jpg
IMG_1765_zpsuv63pnsa.jpg
IMG_1762_zpspp5t0rk1.jpg
Steeringwheel_zpskcnqnejq.jpg
gearknob_zpsnrxqlnl6.jpg
Edited by SteH