Ford Dohc Efi Fault Any Help Guys !

Guest Jonnyround2003

Guest Jonnyround2003

Hi guys I have a problem where I can get my car to start with the fuel pump relay taken off and manually operating the gas if I have it connected the car won't start any ideas had been fine up until now ! Also when it's running it's faster than usual and won't settle down . When it's running I've put the relay back in revs drop slightly but still doesn't drop to normal idle speeds .

Guest 2b cruising

If you like I have a spare ecu plus an idle control valve. You can either borrow them both and send me the postage. Try them on your car and send back to me if it does not improve your running issues or keep them for the same price they cost me. £25, plus postage. I would think a fiver maximum.

If you don't want it just let me know on here.

If you do want to either borrow or keep them, PM me please with your dicision and I will act accordingly.

Sorry we live to far apart to make borrowing or helping you with the car easier.

Have a look to see if like mine you have two management relays and try swapping them over.

If this don't work, get the details off the relay you are removing and get a new one off the bay.

Could be the relay is shorting to another circuit.

When mine was running fast last week, I bent the throttle stop upwards to close the butterfly more. Lubricated all the moving parts with carb cleaner and WD. Worked the butterfly quite vigorously to clean up the contacts in the throttle possition sensor, then straightened the stop back into the correct position.

Everything worked well after that. I didn't have the non starting problem like yourself though.

The idle control valve works by bypassing the butterfly when it is fully closed through two small holes and through the pipe that goes to you inlet manifold. The electrical feed to it is sent via the throttle possition sensor to the ecu, then to the idle control valve.

Hope this is not a load of gobbledygook to you and turns out to be useful.

If your a member you could always cheat and call out your breakdown service. LoL

Edited by 2b cruising