Stainless Steel And Coloured Grp

chris n

Hi all

Just spent the last few hour trying to clean my old S7, GRP is a bit stained in places, but is ok for its age. Was thinking of using colour magic on it.

As for the stainless Im using a glass cleaner as I think a metal polish will scratch it to hell. :(

The glass cleaner seems to bring up a nice shine if I use a loads of elbow grease. :gdit:

Did a search of the posts but all I end up with was posts on rivets. :wacko:

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Chris.

Guest Andybarbet

Autoglym super resin polish is apparently very good on stainless steel - i tried it on the stainless spare wheel cover of the wifes 4x4 a while back and it was great - but try a little un-noticeable place first so i dont get sued !!

P.S i'm not on commision :-)

I used .......last night actually......

"Tcut " for mettallic finishes,it worked a treat...a lot less

abrahsive than normal Tcut

GRP is a bit stained in places, but is ok for its age. Was thinking of using colour magic on it.

Chris ,I would get some Farecle G3,it will much better,as its a quite powerful

cutting compound!!!!!!!!

Cheers Ian

You could use T cut, clour magic or whatever turns you on with the fibreglass, but don't use anything abrasive on the stainless! it actually has a very thin film later on it, and once you've rubbed / scratched that away, you're knackered!!!!

The cheapest glass cleaner that you can find usually is best, Windowlene is the worst! only good for leaving smears all over it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest brookie

Hi one and all,

I use stainless steel cooker cleaner on my stainless body panels, available from the likes Tesco etc. (just don't tell the wife)

Brookie ;)

Hi all,

For the Gold on the Super Spec i have used MER, it is not an abrasive more of a wax, make sure it is clean first then i put a coat on the bodywork it looks great B) and the water doesnt leave thoes orrible circles when it dries, just dont try setting fire to lighter fluid like they do at the shows :wacko:

Bugsy :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest docter fox

i tried to clean the GRP today but we didnt have any of the things suggested in the garage

however i found some silvo and that worked really well at gettin off the dirt and bringing back the colour, but i did need to go over it again with window cleaner to get all the white smears off.