Has Anyone Ever....?

Guest Gregs

Looking at my 2b/4 last weekend got me thinking... has anybody ever changed a 2b/4 to move it to mk1/2 top wishbone / inboard shock arrangment? - looks like it would be a relatively simple conversion compared to full double wishbones.

Also - would appreciate pics of of the mk1/2 suspension that anybody has.

Greg

Guest Tim Norman

If you go that route pay special attention to your leverage and the spring rates. The mk1/2 spring rates were far too heavy giving very little suspension travel.

Guest mower man

AS Tim says the factory 180 lb springs combined with the seirra roll bar were much to stiff in my op you need to do the the tie bar mod and change the springs as well as putting wish bones on mick 120lb springs worked well on my s7 mono car

AS Tim says the factory 180 lb springs combined with the seirra roll bar were much to stiff in my op you need to do the the tie bar mod and change the springs as well as putting wish bones on mick 120lb springs worked well on my s7 mono car

Guest mower man

The tie bar thing is not a big sweat and I know steamer has made some up in the past so he is really the guy to go to , I sent out numerous how too's in the past and as far as I know many were done theres no welding but a bit of machining [lathe work] and the rest is straight forward see steamer ! mick

Guest Tim Norman

I too have gone into chapter and verse with regard to the position of the rear mount in relation to the front height wise. But I always get ignored so I shan't bother.

Suffice to say the idea does transform as far as it goes. the correct mounting for the the rear makes it even better.