Geometry

Guest Bob Rowell

Guest Bob Rowell

Does anyone have any geometry setting equipment they would like to sell (or know the best place to buy from). Ideally I would like to find something similar to the Churchill or Hunter systems, but anything that can do tracking, caster, camber and KPI could be ok. In the meantime I'll keep watching EBay!

Hi Bob,

you can make yourself tracking KPI and camber gauges if you feel so inclined :rolleyes:

castor /camber/ KPI is angular displacement , so a marked board with a good straight edge and plumb line will do the job.

A simple gauge like this is sold bt DT and others.

Tracking can be set using a home made frame, moved from the front of the wheels to the back and measure the difference.

Big Jim has a drive over tracking gauge which he picked up from e-bay which seems fairly accurate.

Greg

I too have the drive over guage (a Gunson product I think). Be careful of E-Bay for stuff like this as I've seen several on there where the starting price is the same as I paid for mine from a retailer. I think mine came from CPC in Fulwood - they are a bit like RS/Farnell/Maplin and do mail-order but I'm close enough to call in so don't pay the postage. I think Frost sell them too.

www.cpc.co.uk

www.frost.co.uk

Iain

Guest Bob Rowell

I already have a drive over gauge, Trackrite I think. It is fairly accurate, I just wanted to get all the options in one set of equipment. thanks for the replies.