Ford Sierra Efi Dohc Engine Running Temp

Guest Jonnyround2003

So you have the original fan switch and an after market switch. Chances are the original switch is goosed and rather than find a replacement someone fitted the after market one.

Decide what temperature you want the fan to come on at, decide which of the switches you're going to replace and then find a switch with the temp range you require in the thread size you need.

90/92 on and 87/85 off is about the range you need. Have a look at intermotor for switches.

Then wire up with a relay. I like the option of the fan working without ignition in case of heat soak so have wired the relay with two permanent positive supplies and a switched earth via the fan switch, not to everybody's taste but it works and there's no battery drain.

Edited by steve in stockport

Guest Jonnyround2003

Hi Steve yes that's the case I have mine wired up like yours with the aftermarket switch but I think the temp range is too big as the fan runs for ages the thing is it's a 1/8 switch and can't find one that operates closer together in the temperatures you have stated