C-day Cometh

e666

Hi guys

well at last my builder has given us a date to move to the new house..wahoo ..... so before calling the solicitors, or even the other half, I called RH to book my collection :p

I shall be the proud owner of a shiney super spec on 8th September :lol: :D :lol: :wub:

So if you guys have any pointers, other than those in the 2B collection posting, I should be thinking about, your comments would be most welcome....

I cant wait now...... just 16 days to go :D

e

Hi,

It should keep you very quiet over the dark winter months, just in time for summer 2005ish.

Good luck

Bugsy.

Have a look at THIS before you go, its not really aimed at the Super Spec but you get a good idea of what to expect!

Guest Friar Tuck

Well, here's someone looking forward to an 05 reg !!!

Hope everything goes well.

By the time you collect, Dredd and I will have been through the SVA, and should , with a following fair wind, have plenty of time to help out, and Bugsy will have lots of spare time after the 15th !!!

How's that for positive thinking.

Yours will be in a different form to ours (Bugsy Dredd and Myself), as the tank, all body panels and the steering column were all fitted on the kit.

I would suggest you have a look at Will's Super Spec, as his was in the same form that yours will be. He has posted a few pics, and I seem to recall some narrative about his collection.

All the best

The Friar

Edited by Friar Tuck

Thanks guys :rolleyes:

I'll check these links out.... and I'll keep my fingers and toes ... and ermm , well anything else thats crossable... crossed for you all and the ...*gulp* SVA :blink:

cheers

e

Bugsy will have lots of spare time after the 15th !!!

Yeah i will probably have sold the bloody thing and bought that second hand Morgan i have always wanted :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry E, have just re read your original posting re: Any other info other than that of the 2b collection, Dohh

Bugsy

Guest Bob Rowell

Forget the Morgan. Some of Piddy's Posse (East Anglia Hoods) went on a run round the coast yesterday, stopping off at various places.

At one of our stops a chap with a Morgan came over to have a chat about our cars, his car was quite tidy, but nothing spectacular, and he remarked on the appearance of the row of Hoods, saying how much fun they looked. We, of course, were only too happy to talk cars, but I think he was a little bit sick when he admitted that he paid £12,000 for the Morgan and could have had twice as much fun for half the money.

Once he had realised the error of his ways we let him and his family join us to take advantage of the reduced entry fee to the museum. Thanks for fixing that Piddy.

post-13-1093301393.jpg

Friar ! Your in danger of turning into a Murray Walker :lol: After the 6th, I'll be in my garage kicking what ever is at hand (foot) and cursing the day I bought Kit Car mag and saw the advert :D :D

Guest rhetorical-oracle

e666,

When I collected mine at the begining of April, I took a Ford Mondeo estate with a trailer for the car, luckily my dad followed in their motorhome, as I completely filled the Mondeo to bursting, and had to put some of the carpets and side panels in my dad's motorhome to get them home. You mustn't underestimate just how much room seats, panels etc can take up now that they don't come attached to the chassis.

Phill.

p.s. Don't forget to take some old sheets or something to wrap the panels in to try stop them getting scratched.

p.p.s Good luck, you'll have fun with the build, and if you get stuck just shout these groups are a mine of useful info.

Cheers phill,

I've scrounged a car transport trailer, and have the choice of a galaxy or a big toyota pick-up to pull it.... probably best to go the pick-up me thinks.

Right - just raided the airing cupboard - there are no OLD sheets left - d'oh! Still we have been thinking about buying new stuff for the house ;) heheheheh

e

15 days.......