2 Footwells, 2 Guys, An S7 And Paint!

Guest docter fox

Guest docter fox

this morning the footwells needed painting, so i called up steve and he came round to lend a hand. at first neither of us could fit down to the end of the footwells to finish the primer. so after removing one of the rollbars steve managed to fit in. as he was the only one that could fit in (smaller shoulders than me) he got the job of spraying the footwells. :D

although he had a mask on he stil kept complaining about the fumes every 10 seconds (he didnt like it when i disapeared to find the camera either)

we then painted the front suspension while the primer was drying.

now came the task of painting the inside of the footwells with brushes. so me and steve both set out to climb into the footwells, much to the amusement of the neighbours, especially when i couldnt fit in the passenger side so after a debate steve agreed to get back out and swap sides.

I fitted quite well into the drivers side (but couldnt move my head do to the steering coloumn) however steve was moaning about not being very comfortable and was only happy once we had went and got a toolbox and an arrangement of towels that he could lean on.

after half an hour of laughing due to the paint fumes we were done! (daylight was a strange site)

this is a pic of steve moaning about paint fumes

post-13-1093718298.jpg

Guest Bazwaz

It's even harder with the seats in. Last year i was tracing a wiring fault under the dash, i was on my back wedged under the dashboard with my legs up in the air ( i have roadster 7 seats fitted). I got in okay but the steering wheel was in the way and i couldn't get out. I had to shout for my neighbour to come and pull me out. I can laugh about it now :lol: but i wonder what would have happened if he hadn't been around.

Barry.

Guest docter fox

we tried to get the little kid across the road to paint the footwells but when we asked he kinda smiled and then ran off <_<

so it with out with the spanners and off with the rollbar :D

we painted to roll bar but forgot about the bit that was being held by the vice (another bit to touch up later) :rolleyes:

Guest Stephen Waite

Hi all i'm steve (the guy getting gassed in the pics) i have to say ventilation in a hood's footwell is poor!

I'm looking to buy a hood too at the moment. Then me and James would like to become the E.Y.R.H.O.C. East Yorkshire Robin Hood Owners Club! :D