Which Camshaft

chris n

Hi all.

Im in the middle of an engine rebuild 2.0L pinto just finished the bottom end and starting on the head.

I was just wondering which is the best cam to go for FR31 MILD ROAD or FR32 FAST ROAD. I will be running twin weber 40's and the bottom end is standard (205 block). my current engine in the car has a FR30 in it and seems to lack top end power but that could be down to the engine getting a bit long in the tooth with all the use and abuse it has had over the last ten years, and do I use it. :D

Also is there much difference between Kent cams and piper cams.

Thanks

Chris

Guest salty_monk

I have the Piper 285 which is very similar to the Kent FR32 goes great & isn't too lumpy, will pull easily from 2k or even 1.5k if you really want to..

As to which is better I would say they are much the same, make sure you get a cam that has been ground fresh from a blank (not a standard shaft re-ground) & other than that go for the one that is cheapest!!

Guest Steve Allen

Chris. I may have a head coming up for sale shortly as I am probably going to buy a Burton group 1 Big valve jobby with a RL22 cam already fitted. The head I will be selling has a FR32 cam. (Came as a complete kit) and has only covered 1000 miles since the build. It is off a 205 block (so Unleaded) and has a vernier pulley on.

Reason for change is more power.plus my head struggles with the re-bore i had done and the use of 45's

Let meknow your thoughts

Steve