Chassis Number

Guest Sean Timney

Guest Sean Timney

Hello guys,

Well, I guess i'm one step closer to the finish line....I received my chassis number from the DVLA on Friday........ just need to stamp it on, get the car insured, finish a few jobs and i'm ready for MOT......... next step....Mr. SVA at Gosforth. I've nearly finished the application form and hope I receive a date pretty quickly (he reckons leadtime is about 1 week at present)...just in time for summer finishing..LOL..... :boohoo:

Has anyone in the North-East got a set of punches/stamps I could borrow??

Regards,

Sean.

Guest mickmellors

Sean - I'm in Derby but if you struggle for a local loan I am sure Postman Pat would drop mine off to you if you dont have any luck locally.

Is there a specific size required ? I think both my letter and number sets are either 5 or 6 mm but I am 90 miles away from them so can't check for you.

I am not home until late Friday evening so give me a ring Saturday morning (number inside front cover of Mag) shortly after 10 am please (catching up on ZZZZZZZ's ;) !!) and I will have time to get them wrapped and down to the post office before they close at noon.

Guest Sean Timney

Hello Mick,

Many thanks for the offer..... If I don't manage anything local before the end of the week, i'll call you Saturday morning...

I've called the local police.....the only time!!.....and they may punch the chassis for me...... nice blokes eh.....maybe he won't nick me on the way to MOT and SVA with no plates!! :p

Thanks again..

Sean....